Weird World: Pop Star Could Stop Man Utd Move For Classy Defender

According to outlet Libero, Manchester United’s purported move for Gerard Pique could be stopped by his wife, Shakira, the world famous pop musician.

The Old Trafford club were linked with a move for the player a few days ago, with Louis van Gaal reportedly keen on bringing the player back to the club Barcelona signed him from.

However, Shakira has reportedly veto’d the transfer, suggesting that she wants to remain in Spain for family reasons.

Man Utd require defensive reinforcements immediately, as they go into this weekend’s clash with West Ham without a single recognised central defender.

Injuries to Jonny Evans and Phil Jones have limited Van Gaal, and the recent suspension earned by Tyler Blackett has further impacted the available options.

Even worse for Van Gaal, Chris Smalling is now a doubt for the game on Saturday, meaning that the Dutch manager could be forced to turn to a player without any professional games under his belt as a result.

Man Utd Lining Up £40m Swoop For Elegant Chelsea Target – reports

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has reportedly lined up Nicolas Otamendi as a target for the January window, with the Dutch boss keen to bolster Man Utd’s bruised and battered defence, as reported by the Daily Express.

Otamendi has previously been targeted by Manchester City and Chelsea, and Van Gaal would have to beat them to the punch if he wants to get his man.

The Argentina international agreed a move to Valencia last February, signing for the club for £9.5 million, but spent the rest of the season on loan with Brazilian team Atletico Minerio.

However, he has taken up a key role since returning to Los Che at the start of this summer, and Valencia are reportedly not keen on losing him.

Reports in Spain suggest that they will demand his entire £40 million release clause to part with him.

With the financial backing of Peter Lim, Valencia have no need to sell, and Man Utd might have to offer big money to sign him.

Liverpool Boss Denies Rumours Linking Stunning Star With Move

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has denied the recent transfer rumours linking his young star Raheem Sterling with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid, as reported by the Daily Express.

The last season has seen Sterling develop into one of the top young talents operating in the world game, and it is unsurprising to see him linked with the world’s top clubs.

The England international has had a meteoric rise under Rodgers, and is a regular first team player for both club and country.

However, he has not received a new contract from the Anfield club since appearing for the first team on a more regular basis, and it was suggested that Real thought this was an opportunity that they could exploit.

Rodgers has moved to dismiss this, implying that Sterling will receive a new contract from the Reds in the near future anyway.

He said: “I think it shows that he is playing very well. You could link him with every club in the world. I sit easy with the speculation. Him and his representatives know how comfortable he is here.

“At some point in the future he will be rewarded for his performance but he still has three years left on his contract. There is no rush. ”

He also confirmed that Sterling would play against Everton in the Merseyside derby at the weekend.

Rodgers said: “He had a breather against Aston Villa. He is a super-fit boy and he will be there at the weekend against Everton.”